Joe has a rich history of working with the nation's most prominent and innovative brands through design, communications, event planning, merchandising, client relations, brand management, and marketing.
Marketing: Engage Clients, exceed expectations, and deliver world-class service
Content Creation: Passion for transforming complicated info into engaging, beautiful
Content Design: Design is essential for successful modern companies - branded, crisp, and professional
Event Planning: manage a wide variety of big public events - including budget, ideation, coordination
Manager, Marketing Communications
2015 - Present
• Create myriad new business opportunities by developing and implementing strategic marketing plan
• Identify a unique and actionable point of view for Chute Gerdeman as the industry leader
• Assist in preparing, analyzing, and coordinating marketing reports, budgets, and client/prospect records
• Develop and maintain dynamic library of thoughtful and persuasive client stories (case studies)
• Construct modular system for all company marketing collateral for easy and efficient responses
• Make compelling proprietary marketing pieces for both restaurant and retail industries
• Define, refine, and adapt company sales goals to current market trends and implications
• Articulate and position capabilities to align with client needs and expectations
• Collaborate with creative teams to express compelling and differentiated design thinking and creativity
• Manage outbound marketing and sales campaigns: digital campaigns, advertising, and press releases
• Prepare proposals and RFI/RFP responses while coordinating content, pricing, and partners
• Develop professional presentations in digital and analogue formats
• Make digital content, industry presentations, white papers, and other marketing materials
• Create, coordinate, execute, and maintain all marketing assets for clients and prospects
Contemporary Youth Orchestra (Cleveland, Ohio)
2011 - 2017
• Increased operating budget 3x over five years, positioning the organization for long term growth
• Solidified the internal mission while increasing external brand awareness
• Improved attendance at flagship performances while introducing additional events and engagements
• Created 3-year fundraising campaign, including all planning, logistics, collateral, etc.
• Designed, implemented, and maintained websites, as well as digital and analogue branded material
• Curated personal donors, corporate sponsors, and foundational grant relationships
• Created and managed all content for social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Instagram
• Managed volunteer groups, student musicians, and parent groups with clear goals and direction
• Helped procure international recognition and amplification of achievements
TES Engineering & TES National Brands (Cleveland, Ohio)
2011 - 2015
My position at TES Engineering is a unique blend of responsibilities. My responsibilities include aspects of relationship marketing, brand management, human resources, interior design, trade show exhibit design, sales, and project management. These are my successes:
Amplify the Brand: Foster and promote existing clients and attract new clients
• Maintain and expand relationships with National Brand clients through collaboration with NBD teams
• Design engaging content for client meetings, presentations, proposals, and industry exhibitions
• Responsible for presentations that added top tier clients like Apple, Gensler, H&M, and Uniqlo
• Create, edit and manage all company content - blog posts, info-graphics, videos, photos, newsletters
• Digest and present complicated information in approachable, enjoyable, and beautiful formats
• Create and maintain social media accounts - Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Linkedin
• Newsletter open rates have increased 10%, website views 300%, and social media engagement 400%
• Oversee implementation of company rebranding on accelerated timeline - overall brand and website
• Direct TES National Brands (sub-brand) launch to reach retail clients - 70% of TES business
Improve Company Culture - Employees are the best marketers
• Work with company leadership to develop HR initiatives that encourage employee knowledge growth
• Won NorthCoast99 Award for Top Talent, Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Companies, and Crain’s Leading Edge
• Plan and coordinate dozens of company activities, events, and outings
• Design new working and learning environments to increase effectiveness of company programs
Community Building Partners
Design & Communication Coordinator
2008 - 2010
While fulfilling an array of duties as Design & Communication coordinator, I enjoyed time working with an innovative, forward-looking, and dynamic company. This position required a vast skill set including interior design, advertising, community engagement, and sales.
• Completed project at 44 percent of original $1M budget, saving the company $660,000.
• Reduced construction cost through hands-on supervision of vendors during projects.
• Created a low-cost marketing plan that harnessed the power of social media and websites.
• Won $567,000 US Department of Energy grant by graphically enhancing request package.
• Generated $122,380 of contracts in two months, exceeding quarterly estimates by 15%.
• Saved the company $136,048 by designing and maintaining web-site in-house.
• Managed retail space that generated new tenants and sold design options for home-buyers.
2007 - 2008
As a member of the visual team, I was responsible for ensuring the merchandising integrity of Apple’s globally-acclaimed retail store design.
• Guided store merchandising decisions with visual team to become the highest grossing retail store per square foot in the Columbus Metropolitan area.
• Averages sales of $1M per quarter, ranking in the top 5% of store employees.
• Exceeded strict quotas for add-on merchandise, increasing average sale by 10%.
Store Visual Lead at American Eagle Outfitters
2005 – 2007
• Led store merchandising by analyzing sales reports, responding to customer feedback, and monitoring inventory.
• Facilitated merchandising decisions in three retail stores.
• Sales increased 40% and named “Most Improved” by corporate officials.
Intern, Media and Public Relations at Cleveland Clinic
• Assisted with publicity and management of “Smash the Ash,” a major program launching the Cleveland Clinic’s smoke-free environment on 27 campuses
• Coordinated content distribution to 36,000 Cleveland Clinic employees
Bachelor of Science in Design, 2009
The Ohio State University